Are you tired of the annoying bugs in your apartments? Are you wondering how to keep your home bug-free? Well, we are the experts to call. While it’s not unheard of to encounter household bugs, no one likes these unwelcome guests.
Aside from causing property damage, most bugs, such as fleas, rats, cockroaches, and mosquitoes, are disease carriers and impact your overall well-being if their presence is overlooked. More often, household pest control can be challenging with multiple residents living close by.
Fortunately, here at EcoCare Pest Control, we know how to deal with household pest invasion in a way that minimally impacts the environment and the tenants’ lives. Our well-trained team can help you reclaim your space and restore normality to your life.
Image Credit: pen kanya / Shutterstock
How to Prepare your Apartment for Pest Control Spray
While a household pest invasion is stressful enough on its own, a visit from our EcoCare Pest Control technicians should not cause the slightest bit of concern- especially when moving heavy furniture or appliances outside. This is because our pest control treatment technique mainly uses targeted applications and occurs at the edge of your apartment.
However, there are things you should do to help optimize the success of the treatment process.
Image Credit: Cherkas / Shutterstock
How to Prepare for Ant and Cockroach Treatment
- Move furniture away from the wall for easier inspection.
- Prepare your kitchen by cleaning it thoroughly and ensuring all the food items are placed in airtight containers.
- Provide enough access by removing unnecessary items that might be taking up space.
- Leave the doorways, closets, and drawers open. It allows the technicians easy access.
- Remove all the toiletries in the washroom.
- Take the garbage out if there is any.
- Clean all the appliances.
- Pull large appliances out of the way for more accessible applications.
- Empty the countertops and all the cabinets and drawers.
- Seal big aquariums with wet towels.
- Take the pets with you when you leave the house.
How to Prepare for Flea Treatment
- Put all the food items in an airtight container.
- Wash all pet bedding with hot water.
- Vacuum all the carpets and thoroughly clean the house.
- Move the furniture away from the wall for easier application.
- Clean the furniture thoroughly.
- Once you are done using the vacuum cleaner, empty the content into a container and close it thoroughly before throwing it away. When using a vacuum cleaner with a reusable canister, you should wash the canister with hot water to eliminate the fleas.
- Take all the pets to the vet for flea treatment.
- You should feed the fish and cover the tanks with wet towels if you have aquariums.
- Remove caged pets, such as birds, from the apartment.
How to Prepare for Termite Removal
- Store edible items in airtight containers.
- Beddings should be removed and washed.
- You should remove mattress protectors to allow quick fumigant aeration.
- You should turn off the gas line to your apartment before fumigation.
- Turn off electrical appliances.
- Vacuum and clean the sofas and all the carpets.
- Cover the fish tanks with wet towels.
- Remove all the toiletries.
- Clear the drawers, cabinets, and closets.
- Take the pets away with you.
How to Prepare for Bed bug Treatment
- Put all the food items in airtight containers.
- Remove items from the top of appliances.
- Move the furniture at least 2 feet from the wall and remove items on top of the couch.
- Take all the bedding and wash them as soon as possible with hot water for at least 30 minutes.
- Do not make the bed until the treatment is done.
- Sweep or vacuum – clean the entire house before the treatment begins.
- Remove all the toiletries.
- Take the towels and the bath mats in the bathroom and wash them immediately with hot water.
- Do not put clean towels or mats back until the treatment is done.
Image Credit: Sunwand24 / Shutterstock
What to expect
The pest treatment process is usually quick and lasts about 15 minutes. First, the technician will go around your apartment spraying all the potential hot spots of bug infestation. In addition to spraying, the technician may set baits and traps for bugs like cockroaches or ants.
Depending on the severity of the infestations, the pest control team may come back in a few weeks or even twice a year.
If you are pregnant, have breathing problems, or have young kids, staying away from your apartment for a minimum of 12 hours is advisable. After the bug treatment, you should keep the windows open to keep the apartment well-ventilated.
Where do Pest Control Companies Spray in Apartments?
Most apartment owners often find themselves concerned about exposure to toxic chemicals, something we understand at EcoCare Pest Control.
We are an eco-friendly pest control company and exercising caution is our priority. Therefore, our trained pest specialists can safely administer the treatment while you are still at home.
When our team comes to your apartment, they start by spraying it outside to keep the critters from getting in.
If you request inside pest control service, they will spray the following areas:
- The entrances
- Cracks and crevices
- Spaces between the wall and cabinets, appliances and furniture
The main reason for spraying these areas is because they are the common hiding place of common household pests, and it’s the most effective way to eliminate the pests in your apartment.
Image Credit: Chutima Chaochaiya / Shutterstock
Why Choose EcoCare Pest Control
When it comes to pest control, don’t take chances. Instead, hire professionals to do the job for you. At EcoCare Pest Control, we are an A+ accredited business and the premier eco-friendly pest control service provider in the areas of Portland, Oregon, and Vancouver, Washington.
With more than 20 years of experience in the industry, we understand the challenges of pest infestation. Our well-trained team is friendly and knowledgeable and can help you reclaim your space and restore normalcy in your life.
Call us today for more information.
Featured Image Credit: Elnur/ Shutterstock