Mice & Rat Exterminators
Rats and mice carry disease and can damage your home and destroy your property. They’re among the most common pests in the Portland and Vancouver area and also one of the most difficult to eradicate. To protect your home and family, you need to stay one step ahead of rodent infestations with the help of our rat exterminators and rat removal services. Thankfully, EcoCare Pest Solutions can solve your problem.
– Dianne A.
Our Approach to Rat & Mice Control & Extermination
Inspection & Analysis
Before applying any rat pest control treatments or deploying traps, our experienced exterminators will start with a thorough inspection of your Portland or Vancouver area home. We’ll inspect the foundation and exterior of your home for small cracks and crevices that rats or mice can use to enter. Then, we’ll look inside your home (including the attic and crawl space) for rodent nests and infestations.
We’ll explain our findings to you and recommend a treatment plan that will actually work.
The key to control for any rodents in your home is exclusion– that is to say “rat-proofing” your home. Adult rats can squeeze through an opening as small as ½”, and mice even less. Even the smallest gaps must be sealed to keep them out of your home.
We’ll pay special attention to openings around pipes, wires, crawlspace and attic vent screens, dryer vents, roof adjoinments and more (places other exterminators may overlook).
Our rat exterminators rarely use rat poison on the interior of your home. The use of poisonous bait can cause rats to die inside an inaccessible interior wall, leading to additional pest infestations and horrible odors in your home. Instead, we normally use powerful rat traps to efficiently and humanely dispatch these rodents in your home. Our eco-friendly approach to rat pest control is safe for both people and pets. You can stay in your home while we work!
Inspect. Exclude. Exterminate. When done properly by the experienced Portland and Vancouver exterminators at EcoCare Pest Solutions, rat removal really is that simple!
– Judy T.
Common Rats & Rodents in Portland & Vancouver
Rodent Financing Available!
12 Months and 0% Interest | Get Approved in Seconds!
Our experienced exterminators focus on the source of rat and mice infestations. We want to stop infestations where they start and keep the rats from ever coming back. This leads to
- A+ BBB rating
- BBB accredited since 2001
- Served over 36,000 unique customers
- Licensed, bonded, and insured in both Oregon and Washington
- Members of the National Wildlife Control Operators Association
- Highest number of reviews (900+) on Angie’s List of any pest control company in the Portland area
- Only company to win the Super Service Award from Angie’s List every year for the last 11 years in the Portland area (presented to the top 5% of companies in any category)
Rodent Maintenance Program
- Spring and Summer – Rats become more active looking to reproduce so they search for opportunities to build new nests inside your home to care for their young and collect food.
- Fall and Winter – Rodents seek shelter in your home where it’s warm and dry to escape the harsh weather conditions.
Our Rodent Maintenance Program is designed to protect your home from rats and mice by:
- Placing bait stations on the exterior of your home by the fence line, shrubs, and other locations to intercept the rodents before they get to your home.
- Set up an inspection, maintenance, and rat removal schedule based on the observed activity around your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our experienced rat exterminators work throughout the Portland and Vancouver metro areas. We’re happy to come out to your home and offer you a free, no-obligation quote.
“How can I tell if there are rats or mice in my home?”
Rats and mice are nocturnal, meaning you’re more likely to experience signs of an infestation rather than the rodents themselves. Here’s what to look for in your home:
- Small piles of droppings
- Damage to food, especially packaged foods in your pantry or pet food in the garage
- Dark grease marks along walls caused by the rodents rubbing their oily fur as they travel
- Pets paying new attention to the walls or other areas where rats might be hiding
- Scurrying sounds inside the walls at night
Read more about how to spot a variety of pest infestations in this blog post.
“Are your treatments safe for my pets?”
Yes! Our eco-friendly products use focused ingredients to treat rodent problems without secondary poisoning effects. Our treatments are safe for both you and your pets.
“Should I leave my house when you’re working?”
It’s not necessary. Our rat exterminators use targeted rat and mice control products, so you can stay in your home during treatment. Sit back and relax at home while we get rid of your rodent problem.
Our Pest Insurance program is the BEST way to protect your Portland or Vancouver home from more than 30 other insects and pests. You may want to consider a combination package for both Insects and Rodents for optimal protection. Here’s how it works:
- You’ll receive 4 seasonal inspections & treatments from experienced exterminators.
- We’ll protect your home from infestations and eliminate nearly 40 covered insects.
- If needed, we’ll come back out to your home between scheduled services and perform additional treatments with no further cost to you.